Sunday, April 3, 2011

Project Overview

Assessment 1: Digital Multimedia Component:

Ideas:

  • I am interested in pursuing fashion styling because it is a creative process with endless possibilities and an opportunity for self-expression. I thoroughly enjoy styling people as well as the mannequin with an overwhelming fusion of garments and accessories. Thus, there is always something new to discover in the styling process.
  • My 5 design principles would be:
1.     Do not follow current trends.
2.     Opt for the unique.
3.     Less is more.
4.     Be inspired by the world around you.
5.     Be spontaneous and try the unexpected.
  • I want to appeal to the 18-45 year old clientele base.
  • Strengths as a fashion stylist:
1.     I like to take risks and don’t have any limits.
2.     I don’t like the obvious rather I like the unexpected.
3.     I have a balance in my closet between designer items and normal clothes from chain stores.
  • Weaknesses as a fashion stylist:
1.     I sometimes have the tendency to over-style.
2.     I have numerous competitors in the market.
3.     My outfits at times may be unconventional and not take into account the comfort and practicality of the wearer.

  • I would like to work in a small and cosy studio loft or in a terrace house. I would like to have a small team; I don’t want to be mainstreamed; I want to remain exclusive.
  • My main competitors would be Rachel Zoe, Patricia Field, Trinny and Susanna and even Carson Kressley.
  • My style comprises of a practical and avant-garde component. Most stylists do not convey notions of avant-garde in their work; thus this may be a way for me to have a competitive advantage.
  • My selling point is not just about paying a fortune on designer clothes rather its about transforming normal garments (from chain stores) into new creations that give the illusion of exclusivity and luxury.
Layout:

  • I want to create an A2 doubled-sided poster that is in the silhouette of a mannequin.
  • On one side I want to make a collage of my inspirational images and on the other side I will provide written information.
To conclude, my styling company will be called Threads.

No comments:

Post a Comment